Human Resource systems have evolved from Employee Information Systems from 1960 which was primarily used for automated record keeping to strategic HRM. The advent of MIS in HR softwares has made the entire human resource department into a dynamic entity which actively addresses the vulnerability of an intensive and competitive market.
Recent times have seen organizations gradually shift from manual processes to maintain human resources records to HR softwares. As technology plays the veins of any organization, human resources are still the backbone to any organization’s success. HR softwares merge technology and manpower to produce a transparent and simpler system that works towards smoothening management decisions.
As businesses grow their structure becomes prone to change. As the employees follow a less conventional working system recording their work becomes a challenge if one follows the orthodox human resource model. Today business have internal teams, external teams, employees that work on site, some that work as coordination department with external parties such as suppliers, retailers and those who support e-shops. Definitive roles have been replaced with more dynamic functioning. Effective HR Software is capable of managing the changing role of employees in a rapidly growing enterprise.
Employees of today’s generation seek challenges at work and do not like to be limited with working hours and working stations. However everyone wishes to be accredited for their contribution to the organization. HR softwares play an integral role in safeguarding employee interests, by transparent systems advocating suggestive strategic decisions to the management in analyzing the key strengths of their work force.
Functions of HR Software
Some of the key and primary functions of HR Software consist of:
- Payroll: Calculates the employees’ sick leaves and attendance without investing a lot of man hours into calculation of paydays entitled to employees.
- Database for employee information: In case of emergencies an employee’s information is easily accessed.
- Attendance records: An easy biometrics or RFID card systems keeps track of employee attendance as well as in time and out time.
- Performance evaluation: Employees performance evaluation, bench marks achieved and performance appraisals can be set.
- Benefits administration: Annual benefits entitlements along with extra schematic benefits are designed and can be recorded as per withdrawals by employees.
- Learning Management: Regular Trainings, inductions which are organized by the company can be segregated by employee strata and be made mandatory or optional.
- Trainings: Project specific trainings can be organized by inviting industry leaders or consultants to retain in house talent.
- Talent Transformation: Extending Job roles by presenting challenging opportunities with regular insights in project transforms ordinary employees to leaders.
- Gamification: Addressing employee branding by involving them in various extracurricular events and functions.
- Recruiting Management: Scrutinizing the elemental roles in each department and creating necessary backup solutions.
- Video Recruiting: Recruitment process for off shore employees or addressing centralized recruitment for all locations of the business can be harnessed using HR softwares.
- Employee self-service: Employees can apply for leaves or take their accrue leave by accessing their records in the HR softwares.
- Employee scheduling: Projects that require a specific talent pool can be easily scheduled by management.
- Tracking of employee absenteeism: Employee attendance records can be easily accessed by their respective management.
- Retention Management: Designing key performance areas with the help of reporting manager. Continuously updating and giving timely appraisals on achievement of the set bench mark makes the employee trust the organization. Involving employee in core management decisions enables him to comprehend management dilemmas which give him a sense of belonging to the organization.
- Analytics: Analytics has become the game changer for HR softwares as the management can access work force real time intelligent solutions.Analytics enables the decision makers to discover and share insights on manpower planning, develop strategies based on facts. Analytics has revolutionized the way an HR department access the most valuable assets of a company; its employees.
Benefits of HR Software
Global offices or local offices all need the assistance of HR softwares to work as a backbone of the organizations. Employees make an organization, they run the show. HR Software builds mutual trust in the eyes of the employee as well as that of senior members of the management. HR softwares fuels growth by empowering organizations with an embedded system that secures employees trust and contribution to an organization. It reduces payroll department significantly as lesser manpower is required in an automated HR Software system.
HR softwares with analytics enable business leaders with valuable insights as well creates smooth functioning within an organization that works with a vision towards achievable financial goals for the company.